Hello and Welcome

Welcome - from Heide Hay

I will be posting many things related to food preparation and food preservation here.   Our goal will be to produce and use as many of own i...

Monday, December 24, 2018

Creekside Tomato Salad

 At long last I am posting recipes from our summer "Welcome to Creekside" party.  Yeah for retirement!

  A few weeks before our party last summer, David and I vacationed just outside Ojai, California for  family reunion at my sister Pat's  house. While there, she served a wonderful tomato salad served over cold pasta. I put over my spinach salad too and decided that this was what I wanted to serve our guests.

  I changed Pat's recipe only with the addition of the motzerella balls.  Shortly after food was set out one of our guests, Suzanne, saw it and immediately recognized it as Caprise Salad.

  Call it what you like, this is bright and fresh and screams "SUMMER!"


Creekside Tomato Salad
Serves 4

3 or 4 large tomatoes. Dice these into about 1/2 inch pieces and keep all the juices too
1 cup of rinsed basil.  Cut this into ribbons.
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup good quality olive oil
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 cup fresh motzerella balls, halved

Mix all together in a large bowl and let marinate at roome temperature for at lest 6 hours.

Serve over cold cooked tube pasta, like a ziti or a penne.  This is also wonderful poured over a garden fresh salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ask Me Anything